Wednesday 19 November 2008

bragging

i realise this isn't really important for anyone else but me, but i just have to brag about this, as i'm so excited!

i've been featured in etsy's blog "the storque", in an entry about scandinavian sellers!!

they asked me to send me a photo of myself at a place that meant something to me and my work, including a brief description, and i sent them this:

"This is the house i grew up in, in a little village called Feiring. Only ghosts and spiders live there now, and I sometimes go to visit them."

i think i look a bit psycho, but my boyfriend said "oh well it only adds to the eerie feeling.. it's a good thing".

i didn't seriously think they'd use it as i'm all new to etsy, but they did, and they also included my mushroom earrings in the related items:


ho ho i love having a little shop. i realise there's a reason for why things are being produced in india and china and not in norway, but money isn't really the reason for why i'm doing it. i'm doing it because it's SO MUCH FUN! i love to create stuff, and having a shop gives me an excuse to make stuff, it gives me an illusion of doing it for a reason.

i've even made my own business cards and have got hold of a mannequin so i can be all professional..

check out lilly, my mannequin! she doesn't look as psycho as me, she's of the stern, reserved type. she's not as pale and short as me either. in fact, i think she's everything i'm not. i have broader shoulders than her though, and larger ears. at least that's something, eh?

they said in the shop where i got the yellow coloured yarn that it wasn't very popular. what's wrong with yellow?? i won't be very disappointed if the shawl lilly is wearing doesn't sell though, it's fluffy to the max (i'm on an everlasting search for ultimate fluffyness) and so YELLOW that i wouldn't mind keeping it for myself.

check out the storque article for photos of more scandinavian sellers in places that are important to them, and a selection of scandinavian crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment